Our goal is to teach students the key skills involved in developing a real-world project.
ECE Senior Design is a two-semester capstone course that takes students through an entire product development cycle. All courses up to this point expose students to technical and theoretical training. In Senior Design, students leverage their technical and theoretical training and apply it to an open-ended design problem. We work with industry partners and campus research units to define real world design problems for student teams to address. They learn to research and consider various design options. They work as at team with their sponsors to design, integrate and test their final solution.
Assignments during the two semesters include:
- Market Research
- Defining Product Requirements
- Designing System Architectures
- Conducting Feasibility Studies and Detailed Design Reviews
- Choosing Hardware Components/Software
- Program Status Reviews
- Maturing Prototypes through Alpha, Beta and Final Stages