Our current research interests include:
- Micro- and nano-scale lasers
- Novel perovskite light sources
- Quantum phenomena in metal-halide perovskites
- Topology in Hyperbolic Metamaterials and non-Hermitian optical systems
- NanoLEDs for high speed optical communication
- Neuromorphic photonics
- Photonic integrated circuits
J. Moon, M. Alahbakhshi, A. Gharajeh, Q. Li, Z. Li, R. Haroldson, S. Kwon, R. Hawkins, M. J. Kim, W. Hu, X. Zhang, A. A. Zakhidov, and Q. Gu, “Quasi-CW Lasing from Directly Patterned and Encapsulated Perovskite Cavity at 260 K,” ACS Photonics, 9, 6, 1984 (2022). [Cover Image].
J. Hou, Z. Li, Q. Gu, and C. Zhang, “Topological and hyperbolic dielectric materials from chirality-induced charge-parity symmetry” Phys. Rev. A 104, 043510 (2021).
Z. Li, J. S.T. Smalley, R. Haroldson, D. Lin, R. Hawkins, A. Gharajeh, J. Moon, J. Hou, C. Zhang, W. Hu, A. Zakhidov, Q. Gu, “Active Perovskite Hyperbolic Metasurface,” ACS Photonics 7, 7, 1754 (2020).
J. Hou, Z. Li, X. W. Luo, Q, Gu and C. Zhang, “Topological Bands and Triply Degenerate Points in Non-Hermitian Hyberbolic Metamaterials,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 073603 (2020).