Before starting my PhD studies at NCSU I spent most of my life in Shenyang, an industrial city in northeastern China, before moving to Beijing to complete my bachelor’s degree from Tsinghua University.
My current studies are focused in the areas of computer vision and machine learning.
- Xiao Bian and Hamid Krim, “Optimal Operator Space Pursuit: A Framework for Video Sequence Data Analysis”, 11th Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2012 Preprint
- Xiao Bian and Hamid Krim, “Video–based Human Activity Analysis: An operator based Approach”, paper and oral presentation in the 20th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision (WSCG), 2012 Preprint
- Xiao Bian and Hamid Krim, “Hidden Markov Model for Human Activity Video via Image Operator Sequence Embedding”, submitted to Geometric Science of Information (GSI2013) Preprint
- Xiao Bian, B. Gibson and H. Krim, “A probabilistic approach of space objects detection from non-resolved optical observation”, AMOS 2013
- Xiao Bian and Hamid Krim, “Optimal Operator Subspace Pursuit for Human activity analysis”, journal paper to be submitted