I received my BS Honors in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics from Sichuan University, China in 2008 under the guidance of Dr. Maokang Luo; I received my PhD in Mathematics from University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana in 2014. My research has been focused on applied and computational topology, with rich interactions with computer vision, robotic dynamics and data analysis. My thesis topic is on the space of the coverings under the supervision of Dr. Yuliy Baryshnikov.
My recent research has been concentrated on topological and geometrical methods in data fusion modeling, diffusion process on networks and complexes, neural data analysis and multi-tracking vison problems. I am actively seeking mathematical formulations to advance the extent of topology and geometry to complement probability and statistical modeling. Another aspect of my research is more theoretical towards algebraic topology and right now I am working on establishing the connection between the space of the coverings and moment-angle complexes (polyhedral product functor).
- H. Wang, On the topology of the spaces of coverings [THESIS] ,2015
- Shahin Mahdizadehaghdam, Liyi Dai, Hamid Krim, Erik Skau, Han Wang, Image Classification: a Hierarchical Dictionary Learning Approach, ICASSP 2017
- Shahin Mahdizadehaghdam, Han Wang, Hamid Krim, Liyi Dai, Information Diffusion in Interconnected Heterogeneous Networks, ICASSP 2017
- Y. Huang, H. Wang, H. Krim, Consensus and Multiplex Approach for Community Detection in Attributed Networks, GlobalSIP 2016.
- S. Mahdizadehaghdam, H. Wang, H. Krim, and L. Dai, Information Diffusion of Topic Propagation in Social Media, Transactions on Signal and Information Processing over Networks, 2016.
- W. Liang, Han Wang, H. Krim, A Behavior-based Evaluation of Product Quality, ICASSP, 2016.
- Y. Baryshnikov, C. Cheng, H. Wang, A Design of Hybrid Feedback Stabilization on 1D Coverage with Topological Perspectives, ACC, 2016.
- H. Wang, C. Cheng, Y. Baryshnikov, A Topological Perspective on Cycling Robotics for Full Tree Coverage, WAFR, 2014.
- H. Wang, Covering with Excess One: Seeing the Topology, arXiv: 1312.7477 [math.GN] on arxiv.org, 2013.
- A. Hirani, K. Kalyanaraman, H. Wang, S. Watts, Cohomologous Harmonic Cochains, arXiv: 1012.2835 [cs.CG] on arxiv.org, 2011.